In conjunction with the EEF (formerly the Engineering Employers Federation), we run many pre-retirement courses every year for some of the biggest employers in the UK. The course is designed to prepare individuals for the challenges that retirement brings, helping them to make those difficult decisions.
In order to achieve these objectives, the course covers the following key topics but can be very much designed around the delegates, to ensure that they make the most of the day.
• Health and welfare in retirement
• Understanding the effect on your relationships
• Working after you retire
• Your home in retirement
• Living abroad – the potential benefits and pitfalls
• Estate planning – including an explanation of joint tenancy and tenancy in common
• Budgeting – ensuring you have enough income
• Understanding your pension options – tax free cash vs full pension
• Buying an annuity – your options
• State pension provision
• Investment planning – where to put your money
• Protecting your money against inflation
• Taxation – understanding your allowances and calculating your net income
• Summary of all the major points
If you are an employer or an individual who would like more information about these courses, please complete the on-line enquiry form.